In spite of the pandemic, and because of your support, CCAG, in coalition with our state and national partners and Connecticut citizens, continues to take action on the planned issue agenda - including all we can do to protect our democracy.
● How to register to vote: https://voterregistration.ct.gov/OLVR/welcome.do
● Check your voter registration: https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx
● Absentee ballot application: https://portal.ct.gov/SOTS/Election-Services/VoterInformation/Absentee-Voting
● Check the status of your absentee ballot application and/or absentee ballot (by looking up your voter registration): https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx
● Find your polling place (by looking up your voter registration): https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx
● List of local election offices: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/SOTS/ElectionServices/TownClerk/Town-Clerks-List.pdf
HB 5262 An Act Revising Certain Absentee Voting Eligibility Statutes has been signed by the Governor. It allows qualified voters to vote by absentee ballot if during the hours of voting they are unable to appear because of sickness or physical disability other than their own sickness or physical disability.
Additionally, the bill authorizes qualified voters to vote by absentee ballot on a primary election, general election, or a referendum if the voter will be absent from the town of their voting residence.
HB 5262 also makes technical corrections regarding expired provisions of absentee ballot voting during the 2020 and 2021 elections. This would NOT give access to universal absentee ballot voting!